I can't believe it's time for a new year and a new list. Except that it's not. I only read one of the books I intended to in 2012. I read a few other books, but just couldn't stick to the original list. And I didn't come close to reading the usual number of books in a typical year.
The list for 2012 was largely made up of books that I didn't get to in 2011. This is not a good trend.
In 2013 I'm making it a resolution to get through this list and to once again find time for more than work. Life can't get so busy that we forget to make time for the things we enjoy. But that's what I've been doing for the last two years.
This year I will rejoin my book club and I'll start and finish the following books:
- Within a Budding Grove (not yet started)
- 2030: The Real Story of What Happens in America (started in 2012)
- The Corrections (started in 2011)
- Razor's Edge (not yet started)
- Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (started in 2011)
- Man's Search for Meaning (started many times over the years) [finished August 26]
- Reasons to Live (not yet started) [finished January 21]
- World War Z (not yet started)
- Member of the Wedding (not yet started)
- Castle Rackrent (started in 2012) [finished February 4]
- Laws of Simplicity (not yet started)
- Daring Greatly (started in 2012) [finished June 25]
- Poisoner's Handbook (started in 2012)
- Rashomon and other Stories (started in 2011)
This year's list is more than the usual 12, but these are books that need to be finished. Before I move on to new books, I will clean up this mess!
Update: When book is finished, a clickable orange link is inserted.