I finished my 2009 reading list with a few minutes to spare. New Year's party was at 7 p.m. and I finished the last lines of Swann's Way about an hour before that. I know one of my resolutions for 2010 will be to keep myself from procrastinating and/or getting distracted as much.
It was a good year though. Read 28 books in total and all 12 from my list.
I enjoyed the books I read more this year than I have in quite a few.
Top 5 Picks for the Year:
(In no particular order)
1. Swann's Way by Marcel Proust -- Best use of words
2. On the Eve by Ivan Turgenev--Best bohemian character of all time
3. Choke by Chuck Palahniuk--Most insightful character with issues
4. Atonement by Ian McEwan--Best narrative framework
5. The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway--Best philosophical short