I am not going to make a crazy list like last year. Twenty books, while not a lot to some people who read like 200 a year, was in fact, quite challenging for me. But then the real challenging part is just sticking to what I pick. So in the spirit of balance, I am giving myself a break and going with a list of 12 book this year. I am sure I will.read more than that in 2009 but I need to bring back some spontaneity.
1. Hedonism Handbook by Michael Flocker
2. Choke by Chuck Palahniuk
3. Blindness by Jose Saramago
4. Naked Pictures of Famous People by Jon Stewart
5. Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris
6. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
7. Remembrance of Things Past* by Marcel Proust
8. Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami
9. The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway
10. Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates
11. On the Eve by Ivan Turgenev
12. Collection of short stories by Graham Green
*I contemplated how much of this seven volume set to try and read in one year. I am going to read the first book, Swann's Way and then see how much further I get. If I get halfway I'll be delighted, but it not, I'll just keep reading a volume or two a year until I finish.