Usually I don't make an official TBR (To Be Read) list for the year. It's more haphazard. I read whatever comes my way. I find one title leads to another.
But this year, since some of my goals include reading four specific books before the end of year, I thought I'd give it a try. There are some books that I've always meant to get to, but of course never do. This is my attempt to rectify my reading guilt. If all goes well maybe I'll try it again next year with the four books "I always meant to finish" (i.e., 1984, Brave New World, A Tale of Two Cities, and Wuthering Heights.)
So here are the books I MUST read this year:
1. Middlemarch (Classic I meant to read about ten years ago. About half way through now.)
2. House of Leaves (Book on the 1001 book list and a birthday gift from Bruce.)
3. Old Masters (Book on the 1001 book list.)
4. Ethan Frome (Classic that everyone seems to hate, and I've always wondered about it.)
5. Thursbitch (Book on the 1001 book list that I've been bumping in favor of other books for over two years.)
6. To Kill a Mockingbird (Can't believe I've never read this one. It's about time.)
7. The Road (Heard about this one, wanted to read it, but forgot about it until I was recently reminded by a friend.)
8. The Crying of Lot 49 (1001 Book that has just been sitting on my shelf calling to me.)
9. Frankenstein (Classic that I've been meaning to read since college.)
10. Of Mice and Men (Watching Lost and feeling it's about time to read this one.)
Ten books, twelve months...GO!